Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Workout Summary: 5/23/2011

Run:

Fartleks
15 min warm up
Sprints with 2.5 min rest in between
   2 min, 3 min, 4 min, 4 min, 3 min, 2 min
Cool down for time remaining to 1 hour

Route: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/35341448
Odometer: 6.03 miles
Pace: 9:57 mile
Total Time: 1 hr

Attitude:
This run actually felt good.  It has been forever since I've done sprints and my legs were in for an awakening.  The weather was warm but not sweltering so I didn't feel like death.  I'm very happy with a 9:57 sprint pace.  I'd be interested to know how fast I was going on the sprints.  On the last sprint my form was getting sloppy and my right hip started to hurt a little bit.  Hopefully it's nothing and it goes away soon.

There were two kids playing outside while I was running.  They were probably 3rd graders.  As I ran past them one of the kids faked falling off his skateboard and rolling around in the street like he was dying.  I ignored him and ran past.  On the way back I saw him fall to the ground again as I came around the corner.  He started screaming bloody murder again.  His friend had a grin from ear to ear.  I just laughed and said, "I saw you faking it.  You can't fool me!"  Nice try kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment