Saturday, June 4, 2011

Gear Ready!

I have everything packed and ready to go for the triathlon tomorrow.  I practiced my transitions so they should go fairly smoothly.  There was a pasta dinner near the race site this evening so I stopped by to check out the transition area.  This is what my transition area will look like.


I will start the race with the swim cap, goggles and earplugs (top left).  In transition 1 I will drop them on the top left of my mat.  Sunglasses are open inside my helmet.  Those go on first followed by the helmet.  Next, socks and cycling shoes.  The Camelbak (far right) will be hanging from my bike handlebars.  That goes on last.  Afterwards I will grab the bike off the rack and run to the bike mounting area where I'll start the bike portion.

For the second transition I will run my bike in and put it on the rack.  Camelbak will come off and get thrown on the ground next to my towel.  Next, cycling shoes off, helmet off.  My running shoes have elastic laces so I don't have to stop to tie them.  I'll pull on my running shoes and pick up my race belt with number sitting under the shoes.  I'll put the race belt on as I'm running out of the transition area.

Phew!  I'm excited and ready to go!  Off to bed as 4:00 AM is coming early!

No comments:

Post a Comment